Skip to main content

As I Am, So Is My Nation? - Tshering Gyeltshen

 Looking at what’s happening in Ukraine, I am immeasurably and emotionally grateful to our wise and visionary Kings for the beautiful, peaceful and glorious country that we are bestowed with to live in and call our own. What a job it must be to carve and maintain a nation and the delicate project of sovereignty that sits at its very core!

Even as I’m caught up in the choking grips of the pandemic and staring helplessly at heart-rending images from Ukraine, I’m thinking of the idea of a Nation, of Nationhood, Nation-belonging and Nation-building.

I am glad I seriously reconsidered my overseas plans after the Royal Address in April 2020 when the pandemic struck. I’m glad I have started a venture that gives me the opportunity to repay in some measly measure this unpayable debt that I owe to our peerless Kings and our most precious motherland.

Did someone say, As I Am, So Is My Nation? I am thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Working.
STAY SAFE and LOVE OUR COUNTRY peeps.
PALDEN DRUKPA GYALO!! 
 
P.S: Thank you Ata Neten Dorji @netendorjee2011 of BBS for sending me this picture. This was some 22 years back in Sherubtse College when I submitted a Nation and Nationhood question to His Majesty the Great Fourth. Memories of what I was and hoped to be back then come flooding back. I am so glad I am still so whole.

- Tshering Gyeltshen(Facebookpage post)

Comments

མི་མངམ་གིས་ ལྷག་མི་རྩོམ།

Lungtenzampa or is it because we are Desuup? - Dorji Choden

WORLD WAR II (September 1, 1939, to September 2, 1945)

Save me - Sonam Tenzin(ST)

སྲིད་པ་འཁོར་ལོ།

དྲན་གཏམ།

མདོ་རྒྱ་ཆེར་རོལ་པ་ལས། སྲིད་གསུམ་མི་རྟག་སྟོན་ཀའི་སྤྲིན་དང་འདྲ།། འགྲོ་བའི་སྐྱེ་འཆི་གར་ལ་བལྟ་དང་མཚུངས།། འགྲོ་བའི་ཚེ་འགྲོ་ནམ་མཁའི་གློག་འདྲ་སྟེ།། རི་གཟར་བབ་ཆུ་ལྟ་བུར་མྱུར་མགྱོགས་འགྲོ།